Why are entrepreneurs, well…. entrepreneurs? Are they as happy as they say they are, and what is it that makes them happy (or not…) Is happiness a prerequisite to be successful or is it the other way around? Are there differences in happiness levels and in the criteria in various industries and countries? All questions I ‘m trying to answer with the Happy Business You (HBY) research project.
THREE FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- What is the status of Happiness, with entrepreneurs in different roles, segments and countries
- Which are the criteria and influences to this Happy Business level
- How can you use these criteria to change your happiness and your success
The meaning of this research is to relate the personal and business side of entrepreneurship. As such several scientific theories and methodologies will be used as a guideline for this research .
To get answers to these three main questions, and all sub-questions, research will be done in various forms: – a short poll – online questionnaire – personal interviews, – desk research.
When all answers are processed, the results will be published in a comprehensive report. This report will contain:
– The answers to the main questions: -status -criteria, and -change.
– The main motivations and drivers to become or stay an entrepreneur, and the relation with happiness and success
– A Happy Business You index a overview of the above to see the differences between the various countries, industries, motivations etc.
If you as entrepreneur take part in the questionnaire or interview, you will receive the summary of the report, for free.
The survey will be published august 1, 2017
THE NEXT STEP
Next we will use this information as a basis to develop a new methodology. Entrepreneurs will be able to use this new HBY model to improve their Business-Life to be more happy and successful.
If you are interested to contribute in this project, such as business organizations, universities, employer representations, Chamber of Commerce, governments, please contact me.